Daquan Evans becomes first Bulls player to receive conference honors since 2018

USF football graduate safety Daquan Evans’ three sacks against Alabama are the most in a game by a Bull since Jason Vaughn had three against Tulane in 2022. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

USF football graduate safety Daquan Evans was named American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week on Monday. He is the first Bulls football player to receive weekly conference honors since 2018. 

The last Bulls (1-2) player to receive an AAC weekly honor was Kicker Coby Weiss, named Special Teams Player of the Week on Oct. 15, 2018. 

It is also the first time a USF player was tabbed a Conference Defensive Player of the Week since linebacker Auggie Sanchez received the award on Nov 20, 2017. 

Evans posted career bests with eight tackles, four tackles for loss and three sacks in a 17-3 loss against No. 13 Alabama on Saturday. He also added a pass break-up and a quarterback hurry.  

Evans now leads the country in tackles for loss with eight and ranks No. 12 in sacks with three.

He became the first player to record three sacks in one game against the Crimson Tide (2-1) since 2021.

The Bulls return to Raymond James Stadium to open American Athletic Conference play against Rice on Sept. 23. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 p.m. and the game will be broadcast on ESPNU and BullsUnlimited Radio.