“Impractical Jokers” star Joe Gatto to headline Thursday’s Round Up Comedy Show

Admission is free for Thursday’s Round Up Comedy Show. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/IMDB

The Round Up Comedy Show, hosted by the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), will return on Thursday featuring Joe Gatto, who is most known for his appearance on shows like “Impractical Jokers” and “The Misery Index.”

The event will take place at the Yuengling Center and doors will open at 7:30 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., Mark Jigarjian – Gatto’s own personal opener – will start the show prior to Gatto’s one-hour set.

The event is free for all students, staff and community members, but floor seating will be for students only. Students can access floor seating through Gate D with a current USF student ID and may bring one guest with them. Stand seating is for general admission, CSI Student Programs Coordinator Hannah Sutherland said.

The venue has a capacity of 8,000 people, but Sutherland recommended arriving early and pre-registering for the show on BullsConnect. As of Tuesday, 2,328 people were registered.

Only personal bags smaller than 12-by-12-by-12 inches are allowed at the Yuengling Center, with the exception of parenting and medical bags. Other large bags, backpacks or wrapped packages will not be allowed in, Sutherland said.

Gatto first gained fame as a member of a comedy troupe known as The Tenderloins. He is now most known for his role on “Impractical Jokers,” where Gatto worked with a group of three other friends to complete embarrassing dares in public. He worked on the show until the end of 2021, when he announced his departure on Instagram for personal reasons.

Gatto is also a part of the game show “The Misery Index,” serving as one of the main cast members and producers. The show, which debuted in 2019, combines elements of trivia and comedy, challenging contestants to rank humorous real-life events based on their level of misery.

Gatto is also known for his philanthropic efforts, including involvement in charitable activities and causes. He has worked with Daniel’s Music Foundation, providing free music programs for disabled individuals. He is also an avid supporter of animal welfare initiatives. His non-profit, called Gatto Pups, is a sanctuary and rescue for senior, disabled and unwanted animals.

Although he is no longer a part of “Impractical Jokers,” Gatto is now on a comedy tour. He has amassed 3 million followers combined on Instagram and Twitter.