USF makes 3% increase to base salary pool for staff and employees

The 3% increase in the base salary pool will be effective Oct. 13 and will be reflected on paychecks starting Nov. 3, according to a university-wide email sent out Thursday. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

USF will be providing a 3% discretionary pool for base salaries of eligible out-of-unit administrative and staff employees, President Rhea Law announced in a university-wide email on Thursday. 

A discretionary pool is a budget category that individual departments will manage and oversee, according to Radford University. The 3% increase in base salaries will be effective Oct. 13 this year and will be reflected on paychecks starting Nov. 3, according to the email. 

Increases for individual employees will be determined by their supervisors based on criteria from Human Resources, including hiring date, performance history and equity adjustments, according to the email. 

This will be the second consecutive year of 3% base salary pool increases. Law wrote this is to “recognize and reward” employees’ efforts and contributions. 

In addition, USF has also allocated $5 million for faculty market adjustments in order to support the consolidated campuses and to “competitively recruit critical hires due to vacancies and other salary adjustments,” Law wrote.