Three Bulls signed to NFL as undrafted free agents

Linebacker Dwayne Boyles will have a chance to play up the road in Tampa this upcoming fall. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

As the NFL draft unfolded Thursday-Saturday, three USF football players were signed to NFL teams as undrafted free agents Saturday.

Linebacker Dwayne Boyles and offensive linemen Brad Cecil and Demetrius Harris will have tryout opportunities to join an NFL roster this fall.

Dwayne Boyles

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will pick up Dwayne Boyles, according to a report on Fox Sports Greg Auman’s Twitter Account.

In 2022, he totaled 108 tackles, which tied for ninth most in a season. He also racked up 31.5 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 5 fumbles recovered, and 4 interceptions.

Boyles played in a program-record 54 career games at USF and started in 43 which ties for second all-time. He also ranked seventh all-time in tackles with 320.

Brad Cecil

Brad Cecil is reported to sign with the Detroit Lions, according to Rachel Hopmayer on Twitter.

Cecil helped lead USF’s offensive line last season. The Bulls recorded seven games of 200 or more rushing yards in 2022. They ranked third in the American conference running for 197.92 yards per game. He was recognized for his play by being named an All-AAC honorable mention.

He finished his career with 53 games played and 50 starts, ranking tied for second all-time at USF in both categories.

Demetrius Harris

Another member of the offensive line also signed with an NFL team in Demetrius Harris. He announced on Twitter he would sign with the Seattle Seahawks.

In 2022, Harris was named to the All-AAC Third Team and started all 12 games of the season and started 30 straight overall.

Harris finished his career as the Bulls’ all-time leader in career starts with 53 and tied for second all-time in games played.