Live updates: USF football transfer portal

Graduate linebacker Antonio Grier will spend his final collegiate season with cross-state rival Central Florida after announcing his intentions to transfer on Monday. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

In the weeks following the end of the 2022 season and the announcement of Alex Golesh taking over as head coach, multiple Bulls have punched their ticket into the transfer portal in search of a new program to play with.

Daquan Evans

Cornerback Daquan Evans entered the portal on Nov. 29, but announced on Monday his intentions to return to USF for his senior season on Twitter.

Evans started six games in 2022, finishing with 15 tackles. Evans ranks second in South Florida history in interception return yards, with a total of 190. He will look to bolster a Bulls defense that struggled during the 2022 season, allowing over 41 points per game.

Antonio Grier

Graduate linebacker Antonio Grier entered the portal on Nov. 28 and announced on Twitter he will spend his final season at rival UCF. Grier was a preseason All-AAC first-team member and a two time member of the All-AAC second team. Grier was considered to be one of the best defenders in the conference and is a significant loss to an already frail Bulls defense.

Grier will leave South Florida as one of the most prolific defensive players in program history, racking up 230 tackles and 10 sacks in four years at USF. He will finish his collegiate career with a team making their Power Five debut as a member of the Big 12 Conference.

This is the second year in a row UCF has taken a player that started for the Bulls the previous season. Last season, former starting quarterback Timmy McClain announced his intentions to transfer to Central Florida after throwing for 1,888 yards and five touchdowns in 2021.

Spencer Shrader

Junior kicker Spencer Shrader announced his intentions to transfer on Dec. 2, and committed to Notre Dame on Tuesday. Shrader served as the primary placekicker and kickoff specialist for four seasons at USF. He made the preseason All-AAC Third Team in 2021 and 2022, and was a Lou Groza Award semifinalist in 2021.

Shrader is considered to be a top tier collegiate kicker and an NFL prospect. He connected on 9 out of 13 field goals during the 2022 season. During his time at USF, he made 28 of 40 attempted field goals. Shrader never missed an extra point during his tenure, making all 95 of his attempts.

Garret Reynolds

Sophomore wide receiver Garret Reynolds announced on Friday he will be entering the portal after three seasons at USF.

During his time with the Bulls, Reynolds received no touchdowns and logged 14 receiving yards.

Other Bulls leaving USF include Jimmy Horn Jr. and Dwayne Boyles.

The transfer portal will close on Jan. 18.

This is a developing story. Stay with The Oracle for updates.