Horn receives offer after one day in portal

Sophomore wide receiver Jimmy Horn Jr. caught three passes for 60 yards against SMU on Nov. 12. ORACLE PHOTO/ALEXANDRA URBAN

Sophomore wide receiver Jimmy Horn Jr. was one of the latest confirmed USF football players to enter the transfer portal, and has already received an offer. 

Horn announced Tuesday on Twitter he was entering the portal, and by Wednesday night he tweeted that Penn State gave him an offer. He has yet to announce if that is where he will transfer to. 

The wide receiver was named to the American 2022 Football All-Conference First Team on Wednesday. 

This season, Horn caught 37 passes for 551 yards and three touchdowns in 11 games played. He was second on the team in receiving, behind junior Xavier Weaver who has 718 yards.

Horn’s best statistical game this season was against ECU where he caught a season high of eight passes for 180 yards, the only time this year where he ran for over 100 receiving yards. 

In his two seasons at USF, Horn has totaled 959 receiving yards with 67 completed passes and four touchdowns.

Horn has two years of eligibility remaining and will be immediately eligible to play at his next school, per the NCAA’s one-time transfer rule.

Junior cornerback Daquan Evans also announced Tuesday he was entering the portal as a graduate transfer.

Evans started playing at USF in 2019, and in four years played he has intercepted four passes for 190 yards. However, none of those passes were from the 2022 or 2021 seasons.  

His best statistical year was 2020 where he intercepted three passes for 138 yards and scored a touchdown. 

This season, he totaled 15 tackles over six games. In four years playing at USF, he has 112 tackles.