War on I-4 coming to an end for USF football

For now, USF will play UCF for the last time Nov. 26 at home. USF lost 17-13 in last year’s matchup. ORACLE PHOTO/LEDA ALVIM

USF Athletics announced South Florida football’s upcoming conference schedule until 2026 — with Central Florida nowhere in sight after its recent bid to the Big 12.

Instead of having the Knights as the Bulls’ annual rival, USF’s new designated conference opponent will be Florida Atlantic.

Among FAU, a few new faces also present themselves in South Florida’s future schedules with a few new members entering the American Athletic Conference. This includes Charlotte, Rice, UTSA, UAB and North Texas.

Though Navy has been a member of the AAC since 2015, USF has not faced them since Oct. 19, 2019. They too will make a more consistent appearance on the Bulls’ schedule beginning in 2023.

Out of the six new opponents, South Florida has prior history with three of them. USF is historically 3-1 with its new in-state rival FAU. Their last meeting in 2013 ended with a 28-10 loss at home.

The Bulls also have a 2-0 record with North Texas and a 1-1 record with Alabama-Birmingham.

With these conference opponent changes and new allocation, it is unknown if USF will schedule UCF in the non-conference portion of future campaigns.