Eisenberg fills vacancies in Office of the Provost

As Eric Eisenberg steps into his new position as interim provost, he appointed four people to fill vacancies in the Office of the Provost. FACEBOOK/@USFCASDean

Interim Provost and Executive Vice President Eric Eisenberg announced in a universitywide email Friday four appointments he made to replace departing administrators.

Cynthia DeLuca, who was previously the associate vice president for Innovative Education, will succeed Paul Dosal as the new vice president of Student Affairs and Student Success. Dosal announced May 18 that he attained the same position at UCF and his last day is June 30.

Founding Director of the School of Interdisciplinary Global Studies Steven Tauber will be picking up a new position as interim vice provost of Labor Relations and Space, previously held by Jim Garey. 

Former Associate Dean of the Office of Graduate Studies Ruth Bahr will fill the vacant position of dean of the Office of Graduate Studies, which was previously held by Dwayne Smith. 

Filling the position of interim vice provost of Faculty Affairs is the former Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs in the College of Arts and Sciences Elizabeth Bell. 

When DeLuca, Tauber, Bahr and Bell will begin their new positions was unknown at the time of publication.

The provost position will also need to be filled soon as former Provost Ralph Wilcox retires in August. On May 31, Eisenberg began a 60-day transition period for the interim position and will officially assume the position Aug. 7.

President Rhea Law formed an 18-person committee to search for the university’s next provost, but when the search begins was unknown by the time of publication.