Former Bulls pitcher called up to MLB

Peter Strzelecki joined the Major Leagues along with many members of the “Arm Farm,” including Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Shane McClanahan. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

Former USF baseball pitcher Peter Strzelecki was called up to the Major Leagues on Monday by the Milwaukee Brewers after four years as a free agent.

Strzelecki pitched for the Bulls from 2017 to 2018, where he was an asset to the pitcher’s mound. The right-hander tossed 159.2 innings with a 3.33 ERA and 164 strikeouts in his time wearing green and gold.

After college, Strzelecki signed with the Brewers as a free agent on June 17, 2018, where he then would play for the AZL Brewers.

The pitcher then worked his way up through the minor league system, where he ended up with the AAA affiliate Nashville Sounds on Sept. 15.

While with the Sounds, Strzelecki has logged three wins along with 26 strikeouts in 16.1 innings pitched.

As a Minor League baseball player, the pitcher has an overall 3.73 ERA in 156.2 innings pitched and 204 strikeouts, which caught the eye of the organization.

Coach Billy Mohl tweeted on Monday how proud he was of the former Bull he once coached making it to the league.

The new Milwaukee Brewer will wear the number 32 for his first time in a Major League uniform.