Moez Limayem advances as top four candidate in UNF presidential search

Dean of the Muma College of Business Moez Limayem is looking to become UNF’s next president. ORACLE PHOTO/ALEXANDRA URBAN

In the midst of a search for its seventh president, the University of North Florida (UNF) announced Dean of the Muma College of Business Moez Limayem as one of four finalists.

The Presidential Search Committee presented an unranked list of recommended candidates to the UNF Board of Trustees Friday, with a president-elect expected to be chosen in mid-May.

After a candidate is selected, they will be subject to confirmation by the Florida Board of Governors.

Limayem has been at USF for about 10 years. Since then, the Muma College of Business has received numerous multimillion-dollar donations.

Most recently, long-time donors Kate Tiedemann and Ellen Cotton collectively contributed $14 million on April 18 for the St. Pete School of Business and Finance’s new fintech center, which opened April 11.

The Bellini Center for Talent Development on the Tampa campus also received a gift this semester of $10.6 million on March 24. The donation was to maintain the center’s project to secure paid internships for all business students. The college currently has 5,178 undergraduate and 1,793 graduate students.

Other donations include three naming gifts. Pam and Les Muma gifted $25 million in 2014 to aid the college in reaching top ranks nationwide, making it the largest gift in USF history.

Lynn Pippenger has provided over $22 million in total, including $10 million to name the School of Accountancy after her in 2015, and $5 million in 2020 to create the endowed deanship for the college.

Barron Gift Collier III and his wife, Dana, gave the college $10.85 million in 2015 for a student success and career preparedness program unit, resulting in the Collier Student Success Center.

This is a developing story. Stay with The Oracle for updates.