Viens to join Canadian women’s national team camp

Former USF forward Evelyne Viens was named to the all-conference first team four straight years in her time with the Bulls. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

After a prolific college career with the Bulls, former USF women’s soccer player Evelyne Viens received her first call-up to the Canadian women’s national team camp Monday afternoon.

The native Canadian reacted to the news via an Instagram post shared by Sky Blue FC.

“It is an honor to be called up to my first camp with the national team,” she said. “I am excited to represent Canada on the international stage and play with this team!”

By making the camp roster, Viens, a forward, has the opportunity to make Canada’s squad for the 2021 SheBelieves Cup tournament that will take place in Orlando Feb. 18-24. The final roster for the tournament will be cut down from 29 to 23 players.

During her time at USF, Viens shattered multiple records and earned a number of awards.

Viens broke the record for the most single-season goals in program history with 25 in her last year with the Bulls. She also holds the record for most career goals in the AAC. 

In addition, she was named the AAC Tournament’s most outstanding offensive player of the year in 2019.

Currently, Viens is playing professional soccer with Paris FC on loan from Sky Blue FC of the NWSL.

So far this season she has had an impressive campaign, scoring 12 goals and providing an assist in 12 league games.

Prior to being sent out on loan to Paris FC, Viens was the fifth overall pick in the 2020 NWSL College Draft. She then went on to make six appearances during the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup, scoring both her first professional goal and only goal for Sky Blue FC in the semifinal game against the Chicago Red Stars.