Flowers drafted by XFL’s Tampa Bay Vipers

Quinton Flowers was drafted by the XFL’s Tampa Bay Vipers on Tuesday. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/GOUSFBULLS

Quinton Flowers has a new home.

Actually, it’s the same home that served him well from 2014-2017.

Raymond James Stadium.

The former USF quarterback, considered by many to be the greatest player in program history, was drafted — albeit as a running back — by the XFL’s Tampa Bay Vipers with the fifth pick in Round 5 of the league’s inaugural draft Tuesday morning, the team announced via social media.

Flowers finished his time at USF holding 42 career, season or game records and was the career leader in total offense, both at USF and in the AAC. He also holds the record for most rushing yards by a quarterback at a Florida FBS school, surpassing Florida’s Tim Tebow by 725 yards in 12 fewer games.

After graduating from USF, the Miami native was not selected in the 2018 NFL Draft and eventually signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a running back. Flowers spent most of the 2018 season on the Bengals’ practice squad before being cut at the end of preseason this season. He was signed to the Indianapolis Colts’ practice squad Sept. 1, but was released six days later.

Flowers was selected one pick after former teammate tight end Sean Price, who played for the Bulls from 2012-2015, was selected by the Dallas Renegades. Another former teammate of Flowers was also selected in the fifth round — offensive lineman Quinterrius Eatmon (2010-2014) went to the Seattle Dragons with the second pick.

The XFL’s inaugural season begins next February, shortly after the Super Bowl.