USF and Miami schedule 2-for-1

ORACLE FILE PHOTO

Just days after having its scheduled two-for-one series with Texas reduced to a single away game in 2020, USF football has added another Power Five team to its future schedule.

The Bulls and Miami are set to play a three-game series starting in 2025, Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly announced Tuesday.

“We are excited to continue to add very high-level opponents with great national interest to our future football schedules,” Kelly said in a statement. “In the next 10 years we now have six games on the schedule against Florida and Miami and our student-athletes, coaches and fans look forward to the challenge.”

USF will travel to Miami Gardens’ Hard Rock Stadium in 2025 and 2028, while the Hurricanes will visit Tampa in 2027, marking Miami’s first trip to USF since 2013.

Miami holds a 5-1 all-time series lead with the Bulls’ lone win coming at Miami in 2010.

The Bulls’ 2025 nonconference schedule, which is now complete, features games against Boise State (home, Aug. 30), Florida (away, Sept. 6), Miami (away, Sept. 13) and San Jose State (home, Sept. 20). The 2027 season, which features games against Miami (home, Sept. 4), Boise State (away, Sept. 11) and Northern Illinois (away, Sept. 25), still has one vacant nonconference date.