Activist, model and actor Nyle DiMarco to speak at USF

Nyle DiMarco started his acting career in 2013 and has been on “Switched at Birth” on ABC Family. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

Actor, model and activist Nyle DiMarco will speak Sept. 27 in the Marshall Student Center (MSC) Oval Theater for the first installment in the student-run University Lecture Series (ULS) of the fall semester.

DiMarco recently won both "Dancing with the Stars" and "America’s Next Top Model".  While these accomplishments are impressive on their own, he does it all while deaf.

DiMarco graduated from Gallaudet University, the only university for the deaf in the world, in 2013.

DiMarco started his acting career in 2013 and has been on “Switched at Birth” on ABC Family.  He will continue acting this fall on Hulu’s “Difficult People.”

DiMarco’s fame allows him to spread awareness of the deaf community. 

He started the Nyle DiMarco Foundation in 2016 to help families with deaf children find and utilize helpful resources.  He is also a spokesperson for the Language Equality and Acquisition for Deaf Kids campaign.  He collaborates on the ASL App, a learning guide for using ASL conversationally.

The doors will open at 7:30 p.m.  Limited seating is available and priority will be given to USF students.  DiMarco will participate in a meet-and-greet session following the lecture.