Reserve offensive lineman arrested

A USF reserve offensive lineman was arrested Sunday by University Police (UP) on felony charges of armed burglary of a campus dorm.

According to a Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office arrest inquiry, Anthony Darryl Kibler, a sophomore majoring in criminology, also received a felony charge for improper exhibition of a weapon on school grounds and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief less than $200. The inquiry also makes a reference to the Florida Mental Health Act, also known as the Baker Act.

According to his arrest affidavit, a witness said the player attempted suicide Saturday and threatened to slit her throat when she interrupted the attempt.

According to the affidavit, the witness said Kibler, 19, walked into her on-campus dorm Saturday and “cut up her bedroom door.”

UP officers arrested Kibler, who had two knives “near his person,” in his dorm room at 3:13 a.m. Sunday.

In an email to The Oracle, USF Athletics spokesman Jeremy Sharpe said Kibler has been “suspended from team activities for unacceptable behavior.”

Kibler ranked No. 75 in the nation among high school offensive guards, according to the USF Athletics website. While at Glades Day School, he made the all-state, all-district and all-county football teams as a junior.

Kibler redshirted his first season with the Bulls in 2010, but played in two games this season.

Kibler was being held at Orient Road Jail without bail.

– Staff report by Gilda-Rae Grell