National Signing Day 2011 has arrived

With the 2011 recruiting class ready to sign their National Letters of Intent today, coach Skip Holtz has little work left to finish off his first complete recruiting class.

Assuming all prospects who made verbal commitments to USF actually sign with the Bulls, 19 new players will join the USF football family today. Two other recruits are still considering USF and will announce their decisions today.

Of the 19 recruits expected to sign with USF, 11 play on offense and eight on defense.

Andre Davis, a four-star rated wide receiver, according to Scout.com, heads the 2011 class. USF had two four-star recruits in the 2010 class, cornerback/wide receiver Terrence Mitchell and defensive end Claude Davis.

During his senior season, Andre racked up more than 1,000 yards receiving and reeled in 14 touchdowns during an undefeated run to a Florida 3A title for Jefferson High School in Tampa. Andre is rated as the No. 46 wide receiving prospect in the nation.

Andre comes to USF with two other freshman wide receivers, Ruben Gonzalez and Alex Mut. Both are rated as three-star prospects.

The trio of incoming wide receivers will add to a deep corps that loses Dontavia Bogan, but returns A.J. Love and Sterling Griffin, both of whom missed last season due to injuries.

With two offensive tackles – Jacob Sims and Jamar Bass – graduating, Holtz seems to have refilled his stock with three incoming freshmen. Max Lang, Darrell Williams, and Boo Simon are all rated as three-star prospects by Scout.com and are expected to sign with the Bulls.

Lang and Williams are two of five players expected to sign with USF from the Orlando area. Simon hails from Bay Minette, Ala.

Incoming safeties Corian Hamilton and Chris Garye will help to fill the void created by the departure of Mistral Raymond, a defensive captain from last year’s team who started 11 games for the Bulls. Raymond recorded 6.5 tackles for loss and two interceptions during his USF career. He was also a second-team All-Big East selection by league coaches.

Hamilton and Garye are two more of the 10 three-star rated prospects in the 2011 class, according to Rivals.com. Garye was a high school teammate of quarterback B.J. Daniels at Lincoln High in Tallahassee.

Running back Willie Davis from Stone Mountain, Ga., and cornerback Kenneth Durden from Valdosta, Ga., are also expected to sign their Letters of Intent today. Both are three-star prospects.

USF will have to wait for decisions from Armwood High quarterback Josh Grady and offensive lineman Marquis Lucas, both of whom are still considering USF.

Grady will make his choice during a ceremony at Armwood at 10 a.m. and is expected to pick among USF, Iowa State, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.

Lucas, an offensive guard from Miami Central High School, originally committed to Rutgers but has since de-committed and will choose among USF, West Virginia and Cincinnati.

The Oracle will provide a full breakdown of the 2011 recruiting class Thursday.