USF finalizes 11 schedule

USF’s 2011 football schedule has been finalized with the additions of UTEP and Florida A&M, the school announced Tuesday.

The Rattlers, who are part of the MEAC conference, will return to Tampa to play the Bulls in 2015.

USF beat FAMU 37-3 in 2005, the only meeting between the programs.

“We couldn’t be more excited about rekindling the series with FAMU,” USF athletics director Doug Woolard said in a statement. “Getting the chance to host FAMU will be great for both fan bases, the city of Tampa and football in Florida. FAMU has one of the richest traditions in the state, and it is another great opportunity for Tampa to host what should be both a great football game and a great event for the community.”

FAMU will receive $400,000 to play in Tampa next season and $450,000 in 2015, according to figures released by the school. The Bulls play the Rattlers Sept. 17.

UTEP, which the Bulls have never faced, will receive $650,000 for its Sept. 24 visit to Raymond James Stadium.

“We’re excited about the opportunity to host UTEP,” Woolard said. “This will allow our fans to see seven home games next season, which was one of the primary goals when filling our scheduling vacancies.”

The Bulls 2011 slate also includes home games with Ball State on Sept. 10 and Miami on Nov. 26. USF opens the season at Notre Dame on Sept. 3.

USF also hosts Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia next season.