Runway Rundown: Fashion for Haiti

Naomi Campbell brings fundraising to fashion in her “Fashion for Relief” event – this year benefiting Haiti’s earthquake victims.

Her charity runway event, which took place last week during New York’s fashion week in Bryant Park, was styled by Rachel Zoe and hosted by Campbell and the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson.

The collage of celebrities Campbell called to come out and strut their styles included designers, models, actors and performers from every genre.

Her first Fashion for Relief in 2005 raised more than $1 million for Hurricane Katrina victims, and the second show in 2007 raised roughly the same amount.

This year, the event sold out, with tickets ranging from $100 to $150. Pieces from the show will be available for purchase online beginning March 15 at Net-a-Porter.com.

All funds raised from the auction and ticket sales will benefit rebuilding Haiti’s health care system through CARE, an organization focused on fighting global poverty and helping women and children.

While Campbell is seldom seen on the catwalk, she took the runway in a turquoise gown, a short black sparkling flapper dress and, at the end of the show, a Alexander McQueen original.

Renowned designers Diane Von Furstenberg and Donna Karan participated in the show, as well as singer Estelle. Kelly Osborne wore a short red dress with matching gloves, and Chris Brown modeled a black Dolce and Gabbana suit.

Supermodels included Maggie Rizer and Agyness Deyn, who slipped twice in her 7-inch Burberry heels before taking them off and smiling at the cheering crowd. Actor Alan Cumming made way with a plaid kilt and a matching vest.

Designers included Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren and Marc Jacobs, who designed a one-of-a-kind Louis Vuitton handbag to be auctioned online.

A closing tribute to McQueen, who died last week, brought Campbell to tears. The detailed creations from his final collection evoked a style of Sci-Fi meets Victorian couture.

Campbell ended the show with some of McQueen’s classic designs, including a Chiffon-veiled Daphne Guinness in a gold catsuit and glistening platform heels.

The show will hit the runway again in London on Thursday before the clothes are auctioned online.