MEN’S SOCCER GAME TIME

When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: USF Soccer Stadium
TV/Radio: BullsVision/WBUL

For midfielder Bernardo Anor, USF’s offense has to improve.

“We have to do a better job of pushing the ball up the field,” he said.  “If we get better at transitions, we will have many more scoring chances.  These are two aspects of our game that we will definitely work on against FAU.” 

And with the Bulls facing an aggressive FAU team tonight at the USF Soccer Stadium at 7:30, USF coach George Kiefer said it will be a challenge.

“FAU is a team we play every year and have a lot of respect for,” Kiefer said. “They come here to beat us, not to sit back and try to steal a game.”

FAU (4-4-2, 0-2-0) is led by Tampa native Darnell King, who has two goals and two assists this season. The Bulls have been strong in preventing others from scoring, but have struggled to find offensive consistency of late, only grabbing one goal in the last two games during a stretch of dropped points.

Kiefer said he expects the Owls to play with an aggressive style.

“FAU is a very tactical team that moves the ball well,” he said. “Playing against them is always fun for us and we are looking forward to taking the field.”

USF is 4-0 this season against non-conference opponents. In 14 matches against the Owls, USF is 10-3-1. The most recent match was last season, a 3-0 victory for USF.

The Bulls are coming off a loss to Louisville and draw with St. Johns.