Facebook leads to second arrest in investigation

University Police (UP) arrested a new suspect today in the investigation of a gun and bomb scare on campus Monday.

Former USF student Markenson Innocent is charged with false report of bomb on state property and was being held at the Orient Road Jail, said UP spokeswoman Lt. Meg Ross.

His bond is set at $7,500.

Details from the 911 call and posts on Innocent’s Facebook page led investigators to his arrest.

Innocent posted comments on the social networking site during and after Monday’s incident that contained “details of the call that were not public knowledge,” according to the arrest affidavit

Innocent told police after he was taken into custody that he was the 911 caller who reported an individual dressed in black was on campus with a gun and a bomb near the Library at around 1:49 p.m.

Innocent identified himself as “Isaiah Daniels” during the call, but told police that “Markenson Innocent” was on campus with a gun and bomb.

He also said that he knew police were looking for him Monday.

Ross said Innocent made the 911 call somewhere off campus but came to USF while police were searching and evacuating the Library with guns drawn.

Ross said police approached Innocent on Monday outside the Library but did not have reason to detain him.

Investigators worked throughout Tuesday night to find enough evidence to arrest Innocent, she said.

Authorities did not find a weapon or gunman at the scene Monday.

USF student Vincent Thomas-Perry McCoy was arrested Monday for false report of a bomb on state property after he claimed he had a bomb on the Bull Runner D bus. McCoy was still being held in jail.

Ross said the investigation is still “very active.”

Markenson’s previous arrests and charges include: possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana and open container in December 2008, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief in February 2007 and driving with a license canceled, suspended or revoked.