WOMEN’S SOCCER GAME TIME

When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.
Where: USF Soccer Stadium
TV/Radio: BullsVision/WBUL

After losing leads in two of its first four games, USF coach Denise Schilte-Brown said she wants the Bulls to finish games strongly.

“At the end of the (LSU) game some things broke down — like not connecting passes, and our defense ran down,” Schilte-Brown said. “That’s what we worked on this week … what are you going to do when you’re tired? How are you going to work together?”

USF will put Schilte-Brown’s tactics to the test this week, when the Bulls face Austin Peay (1-3-1) on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the USF Soccer Stadium. This marks the first meeting between the two programs and the second meeting for USF against an Ohio Valley Conference opponent.

USF played in the Dafeldecker Classic last weekend, tying FIU 0-0 and falling to LSU 2-1 Sunday. USF relinquished 1-0 leads in losses against LSU and Florida this season.

“(We) just want to go out there and win,” said sophomore midfielder Chantelle Goodson. “We need to play to our potential, too. We have a lot of potential but just don’t always play up to it. We have the fast and technical players, but once we get to the last third of the game, we don’t finish.”

Goodson and the rest of the USF team will get a chance to play to that potential twice this weekend. The Bulls also go on the road to UCF on Sunday.

“If we score a goal, we need to hold on to it,” Goodson said.

UCF also competed in the Dafeldecker Classic, tying LSU and defeating FIU 5-0. The Bulls have a two-game win streak against the Golden Knights. Austin Peay has been shut out in three of their five games.

— Johnathon Mulder