Do or die time

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIMEPittsburgh (19-8, 9-5) at USF (13-14, 3-11)When: Sat., 7 p.m.Where: Sun DomeTV/Radio: Catch 47, 1010 AM

A chance for the South Florida women’s basketball team to make its third Big East Tournament in a row stares the Bulls down as Pittsburgh (19-8, 9-5) comes to the Sun Dome on Saturday to play spoiler.

Two games remain on USF’s (13-14, 3-11) schedule, and it must win both for a possibility to play in the tournament. The Bulls are 14th in the conference and need to get to 12th to qualify. If the Bulls win out, a couple of things still need to happen.

Villanova (15-12, 5-9) has two more wins than the Bulls and must lose the rest of its games in order for USF to receive a tournament berth. USF owns the tiebreaker against the Wildcats because of a 77-66 victory against them Feb. 19. Villanova plays two teams with better records – Marquette (15-12) and Louisville (20-7, 9-5).

Georgetown must lose the rest of its games, too. The Hoyas (14-13, 4-10) sit one game ahead of the Bulls, but they own a tiebreaker against USF as a result of a 66-56 victory Feb. 23.

USF coach Jose Fernandez said before the Hoyas game that it is a “must win” because whoever wins the game would be sitting in the 12th and final slot – Georgetown currently holds that position. They face Providence (12-15, 2-12) then Pittsburgh.

After the Georgetown loss, three games remained on the Bulls’ schedule – Pittsburgh, Marquette and No. 14 Notre Dame.

The Bulls lost to Notre Dame (22-6, 10-4) 92-49 on Wednesday. It was the biggest loss of the season for USF. The Fighting Irish never allowed the Bulls to tie or take a lead.

The final two games come over a three-day span. After the Pittsburgh game, the Bulls fly to Wisconsin to play Marquette on Monday night. Marquette defeated USF 79-66 on Jan. 26.