Sexually speaking

Dear Holli,

Question: My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few months now and he rarely gives me oral pleasure. Do you have any suggestions on how to get him to return the favor?

Answer:

When you’re in a relationship, communication and honesty are key. Ask him why he is so hesitant about stimulating you orally.

One reason that many people don’t enjoy giving oral sex is because of “the smell.” According to About.com/sexuality, one way to remedy this may be to avoid certain foods such as asparagus and broccoli and eating certain foods such as melon and pineapple. Some people believe that there is no connection between what you eat and how you smell; others believe there is.

Try experimenting with this and see how it goes. I guarantee your man will be making daily trips to the farmer’s market! Remember that personal hygiene is very important as well. It helps if you keep the garden nice and trim.

Dear Holli,

Question: I have been seeing this guy very casually and he doesn’t like to use condoms because he says his penis is too big and that it hurts when he wears one. Is this even possible?

Answer:

Well, let me start this off by saying that it is not probable for a condom to cause discomfort because of fit. Whether you are using Trojan, Durex or Lifestyles, all condoms can fit every size penis. I have literally put condoms over my head numerous times and it has not hurt at all. If you are worried about the condom breaking because of his size, let me assure you that you are good to go! By using the 12 steps to putting on a condom, you are well on your way to having fun, protected sex. See the box below to read all 12.

1. Discuss safer sex with your partner. 2. Buy latex condoms (not lambskin). 3. Open condom package. (Don’t use teeth.) 4. When penis is erect … 5. Squeeze tip of condom and place rolled condom on head of penis. 6. Leave a half-inch space at the tip of the condom to collect semen. 7. Hold tip of condom and unroll until penis is completely covered. 8. After ejaculation, while penis is still erect… 9. Hold condom at base of penis.10. Carefully remove condom without spilling any semen.11. Wrap condom in tissue and throw away. (Don’t flush condom down toilet.)12. Use a new condom for every act of vaginal, oral, and anal intercourse.

Steps courtesy ofAdvocatesforyouth.org