MEN’S SOCCER GAME TIME

American (3-1-0) at USF (4-0-0)

When: Tonight, 7:30

Where: USF Soccer Stadium

Although there is no football game this weekend, USF sports fans will have no shortage of excitement as the men’s soccer team goes for its fifth consecutive victory.

The Bulls host American University on Saturday.

The Eagles come to Tampa with a 3-1-0 record and are second in the Brine Patriot League behind 4-0-0 Army.

“We’re really focused on American right now. We’re playing well as a team, but we can still get better,” coach George Kiefer said. “If you had said we’d beat South Carolina and had three shutouts, I’d say that’s a pretty good start.”

The Eagles present a

number of concerns for the Bulls on both sides of the ball.

Defensively, the Bulls will face an Eagles team that has put 61 shots on goal in four games. Persistence is the key to the American attack, however, as they have only

converted six of those

opportunities into goals. If the Bulls can maintain possession and control the midfield, the odds favor a Bulls victory.

On the attacking side, USF forwards Jordan Seabrook and Simon Schoendorf face off against a tough Eagles defense that hasn’t allowed its

opposition many quality chances this season. They’ve allowed only 12 shots in their last two games and have out scored their opponents 4-1.

Saturday’s game presents the Bulls with an opportunity to tie the fast start of the 2004 team that began the year with a record of 5-0-0.