SOFTBALL GAME TIME

USF (33-19, 5-3) at DePaul (28-7, 10-0); at Notre Dame (24-14, 9-1)When: Sat., 1 and 3 p.m.; Sun., Noon and 2 p.m.

Coach Ken Eriksen feels that this weekend will be the big test to see if the softball team’s offense can match the pitching.

The Bulls go on the road for two doubleheaders: DePaul on Saturday – a team that is undefeated in Big East play – and Notre Dame on Sunday. Notre Dame currently holds the No. 2 spot in the Big East at 9-1.

“This weekend will be a pretty good indicator because we are facing some good pitching,” Eriksen said.

After a stellar weekend series against Pittsburgh last week, senior first baseman Danielle Urbanik received Big East Player of the Week honors. Urbanik went 5-for-7 in the doubleheader with one double, a grand slam and five RBI.

Urbanik’s power in the middle of the lineup sparked the Bulls’ offense, which has lacked consistency for most of the season.

Eriksen believes that Urbanik’s recent hot streak can filter down to the rest of the lineup.

“I think any time you have a good hitter in the middle of the lineup, the rest of team will see good pitches,” Eriksen said. “That’s what we are doing right now.”

Keep an eye on: Catcher Kit Dunbar. Dunbar leads the team with a .398 batting average along with 10 stolen bases in 12 attempts. Dunbar is hitting .400 in eight conference games and has become a consistent hitter in the lineup.