WOMEN’S BASKETBALL GAME TIME

When: Tonight, 7Where: Sun DomeTV/Radio: CSTV; 860 AM

The women’s basketball team is in a three-way tie for third place in the Big East Conference and looks to separate itself from Louisville and Rutgers with a win tonight.

The Bulls host Georgetown, owner of the worst record in the conference and a five-game losing streak. The Hoyas are led by junior forward Kieraah Marlow, who ranks ninth in the conference with 16.2 points per game.

Georgetown has struggled with shooting from the free-throw line this season, shooting just over 65 percent. Look for the Bulls to push the tempo and force the Hoyas into a high-scoring game.

USF is coming off a 78-61 victory over Syracuse on Sunday and has been led by the improved play of Nalini Miller, who is averaging more than points and 12 rebounds in her last four outings. Miller was selected to the Big East Honor Roll for the first time this season for her efforts. She led the Bulls with 23 points and 15 rebounds against Syracuse.

“She’s really been rebounding well and giving our team second and third opportunities,” coach Jose Fernandez said. “Offensively, she’s been really patient and has helped us establish our inside game.”

The Bulls are led on the perimeter by Jessica Dickson and Shantia Grace, the conference’s third and eighth leading scorers, respectively. Against Syracuse, Dickson scored 11 points and fouled out for the second time this season.

Grace scored 22 points, including the last four of the game to help USF to its sixth victory over an opponent in the Big East.”We had other people step up and do a great job,” Fernandez said. “With our full court pressure, we can speed up the game and get everyone involved.”

Keep an eye on: Georgetown guard Kristin Heidloff. The junior scored 18 points, one shy of her season high in the Hoyas last outing against West Virginia to go along with five steals and three assists.