Golf teams in contention at C-USA Championships

After finishing the first round of the Conference USA Championships in a tie for first place, the USF women’s golf team slipped to third place after 36 holes with a second-round 321.

The Bulls trail leader Tulane by 10 strokes and second-place TCU by six strokes. Tulane was tied with the Bulls after the first round with a 318.USF’s Jill Crowe is in a tie for ninth place with a two-round total of 159, eight strokes behind the individual leader, Adrienne Millican of East Carolina.

Daniella Ronderos and Fernanda Rivera are one shot back of Crowe in a tie for 10th, while Mary Calderon is 16th at 164 and Amanda Smith is tied for 25th at 168.

The men’s golf team ended in a tie for seventh after the first 18 holes yesterday at the C-USA Championships but used a second round 292 — 13 shots better than day one — to move into fifth place after 36 holes. The Bulls trail the leader TCU by 25 strokes but are within 10 strokes of second-place Charlotte and within six strokes of third place Southern Mississippi.

USF’s Brad Quiri shot a second-round 75 and is tied for 12th with a 36-hole total of 148, 11 strokes behind individual leader Adam Meyer of TCU.

Teammate Oscar Fraustro is one shot back of Quiri and in a tie for 17th after a second-round 74.