New & Noteworthy for the week ahead

Bill Cosby
Jan. 11/ Ruth Eckerd Hall/ $39 – $49

Cliff Huxtable has escaped his syndicated prison; too many father-son moral pow-wows with Malcolm Jamal-Warner have driven him insane. Be on the lookout, Cliff has apparently changed his name to Bill Cosby and is charging people wads of dollars to hear jokes about pudding pops.

Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus
Jan. 8 — 11/ St. Pete Times Forum/ $12 – $60

Why is it that kiddies love the circus so? Is it because only large elephants and horses can relate with their constant youthful need for bowel movements? Is it because they’d like to see how much parents would ultimately fork out for oodles of cotton candy, whose pricey ingredients are essentially nothing more than sugar and fast? Whatever it may be, this particular circus is in its 134th edition and not slowing down anytime soon.

Saturday Morning Market
Jan. 10/ Downtown St. Pete/ Free

Need to cram that dormitory or sublease with more crap? Done and done. Take a ride down to St. Pete’s Central Avenue for their cornucopia of capitalism. Mingle with the bourgeois while they purchase gaudy bronzed, wild animal-shaped horrors they like to call art. And, of course, you’ll be able to find a lot of what St. Pete is famous for: baked goods and vegetables. OK, I know, they’re famous for drunks, but the market will have both. Have you ever seen someone get blitzed and swallow a whole green pepper? No? Well, not yet at least.