Bull Bytes 11/7

Q: Your dad is a great cook, and owner of several restaurants. Can you cook?
A: My brother is pretty good at it, he cooks for me.

Q: In the pros there are a lot of players your age, did you ever play any of them?
A: I played Guillermo Coria, who is now ranked in the top 30.

Q: How does it feel to see some of your friends and old rivals playing tennis on TV?
A: It’s sad, that they are there and I’m here. But, my whole life is ahead of me.

Q: What is the new rule in college tennis?
A: The rule is that instead of playing the third set out, we play a 10-point tiebreaker. I’m embarrassed about it because in the pros they play five sets. It kind of says that we are weak. We’re not weak.

Q: If you could have dinner with three famous peoplewho would they be and why?
A: (pause) Uhh … Michael Jordan, Boris Becker and Anna Kournikova, but I already had dinner with her once.

Q: How is Kournikova in person?
A: She’s hot, but not so nice.

Q: You are from Aruba, one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Why did you leave?
A: Everyone asks me that. First, because of tennis, and second, because life is so perfect over there: girls, beaches, nightlife. Its too perfect, I got bored of it.

Q: In tennis you make your own calls. Have you ever called a ball out that has actually been in?
A: If you like the opponent you don’t do it, but if you don’t like him, you do it for sure.

Q: You’ve played and met some famous tennis players. Who else beside Kournikova have you met?
A: Jennifer Capriati, her brother, Steven, used to be my teammate. I also met Gabriela Sabatini and Martina Hingis.

Q: How close were you with Jennifer Capriati?
A: (laughs) no comment, seriously no comment (laughs).