COMING SOON TO CHANNELSIDE CINEMAS

Together
Art/Foreign, Drama and Comedy

In mid-1970s, fleeing life with her abusive husband Rolf, Elisabeth moves into her brother Goran’s commune, with her two children Stefan and Eva. A big house in suburban Stockholm, the commune is called “Together” and inhabited by a crowded assortment of people. Initially resistant to Elisabeth’s entry, the commune soon accepts her and her children as part of their family. Soon Elisabeth is acclimating to her new surroundings and the commune’s liberal attitudes towards sex, drugs and politics. But just as she’s becoming settled, her husband shows up looking to get the family back together.

Mulholland Drive
Drama and Thriller

Along Mulholland Drive nothing is what it seems. In this complex tale of suspense, set in the unreal universe of Los Angeles, writer/director David Lynch explores the city’s schizophrenic nature, an uneasy blend of innocence and corruption, love and loneliness, beauty and depravity. Lynch constructs a puzzle, propelling us through a mysterious labyrinth of sensual experiences until we arrive at the intersection where dreams and nightmares meet.

Sidewalks of New York
Drama and Romance

Director-writer-actor Ed Burns (The Brothers McMullen) presents Sidewalks of New York, a film that treats the improbable notion of finding true love among the bustling sea of humanity that is New York City. With a tangled web of characters who are either married to, divorced from, or dating each other, Sidewalks paints a realistic, if not pretty, picture of 21st Century New York relationships.

High Heels and Low Lifes
Comedy

Shannon and Frances are two friends living in London. Frances (Mary McCormack) is an American actress struggling to make ends meet, and Shannon (Minnie Driver) is a nurse at one of London’s busy emergency rooms. Shannon lives with her boyfriend Ray, a ‘sound sculptor’ who spends his life tuning into mobile phone conversations on his radio scanner. One night, the scanner crackles into life and the girls overhear a conversation about a bank robbery taking place in their neighborhood. When the police take no interest in their story, the girls dare one another to call the gang and demand a ransom. It’s not much, they figure – perhaps enough to purchase some new clothes and some equipment for Shannon’s hospital. What they underestimate, however, is the determination of these hardened criminals – led by Mason (Kevin McNally) and Kerrigan (Michael Gambon) – not to give them a penny. Responding at first to the girls’ demands, the criminals soon start to play dirty tricks, faking bundles of money and threatening violence. And when an innocent bystander is hurt, the stakes rise dramatically and the girls must decide whether to run for their lives or give the thugs a run for their money.

Big Eden
Romance and Comedy

Big Eden is a tiny town tucked away in the timberland of northwestern Montana, where cowboys lounge on the porch of the general store to pass the time away, and keep their eyes on things. Although it’s been years since he was back, Henry Hart, a successful but lonely New York artist, returns to Big Eden, the town of his childhood, to care for the ailing grandfather who raised him. Once home, Henry finds he must come to terms with his relationship to Dean Stewart, his best friend from high school, and the object of his unrequited love. Henry’s feelings for Dean, which caused him to flee Big Eden nearly twenty years ago, seem to have only grown stronger over the intervening years. At the same time, Henry’s reappearance sparks a transformation in Pike Dexter, the shy, unassuming, Native American owner of the town’s general store. Pike is as surprised as anyone, and completely unprepared, when he finds himself falling in love with Henry. As this unspoken triangle unfolds under the scrutiny of Big Eden’s community, nearly everyone in town develops a stake in its outcome.

• Source: Movies.yahoo.com