Defensive end Lloyd Summerall no longer on USF football team

Defensive end Lloyd Summerall transferred from UF before joining USF this season. ORACLE PHOTO/ARIANNA RENICK

Redshirt junior defensive end Lloyd Summerall III is “no longer a member of USF football,” an Athletics university spokesman said in a statement.

It’s unclear when and why Summerall is no longer on the team. Brian Siegrist, USF’s associate Athletics director, did not return a phone call or answer multiple written questions about Summerall’s departure from the team.

The Oracle asked Bulls coach Alex Golesh why Summerall is no longer with the team in a Tuesday press conference.

“He’s not with us at this point,” Golesh said. “And I’ll just leave it at that.”

Summerall is still enrolled as a USF student, a university spokesman said.

Lloyd Summerall’s player profile no longer exists on the roster page of the USF Athletics website. ORACLE GRAPHIC/JUSTIN SEECHARAN

Summerall did not play in USF’s 27-23 win against Temple on Saturday. As of Monday, his profile was removed from the roster page of the USF Athletics website.

His last game played for the Bulls was on Nov. 4 in a 59-50 loss to Memphis where he had one tackle.

The Bay Area Examiner was the first to report on Summerall’s disappearance from the roster.

Summerall was a transfer from UF where he played four seasons with the special teams unit from 2019-22. He totaled 15 tackles in 28 games with the Gators.

Summerall entered the transfer portal on Dec. 8, 2022, and transferred to USF on Dec. 18. He recorded 21 tackles and one sack in seven games this season.