Women’s basketball to appear in Paradise Jam tournament next season

The Bulls have a 5-4 all-time record in the tournament, which is held every November in the U.S. Virgin Islands. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

For the first time since 2018, South Florida women’s basketball will appear in the Paradise Jam, an annual tournament held in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

https://twitter.com/USFWBB/status/1668314033714331649?s=20

As a part of its non-conference schedule toward the beginning of its season, USF will face off against Arizona State, High Point and Texas from Nov. 23-25.

USF has a 5-4 all-time record in the tournament, held at the University of Virgin Islands Sports and Fitness Center. The Bulls racked up wins against UCLA, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Iowa. They have appeared in the Paradise Jam tourney in 2008, 2014 and 2018. 

Last season, USF upset then No. 22 Texas 70-65, which marked one of the most crucial victories in last year’s historic season and was only the Longhorn’s third home loss all season. They last played High Point in 2021, defeating the Panthers 62-46. The Bulls and Sun Devils will face off against each other for the first time since 2000, where USF lost 74-39. 

The tourney will tip off on Nov. 23, when USF takes on High Point at 6:45 p.m. On Nov. 24, South Florida will play Arizona State at 6:45 p.m., followed by a matchup against Texas on Nov. 25 at 9:00 p.m.