A look at former Bulls in the WNBA

Guard Courtney Williams, who currently plays for the Chicago Sky, is one of the most decorated women’s basketball players in USF history. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

There’s no doubt that the Bulls women’s basketball team has been one of the most prolific, and consistent, athletic programs at USF.

Since joining the AAC in 2013, coach Jose Fernandez’s squad has racked up a 232-97 record and eight NCAA tournament appearances.

Two former Bulls standouts are currently tenured on WNBA rosters — guard Courtney Williams and forward Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu.

Courtney Williams, Chicago Sky

Guard Courtney Williams played three seasons at USF from 2013-16, becoming one of the most accomplished Bulls to ever step foot on the Yuengling Center court. Williams has her name under almost every category in the USF record book.

Williams appeared in 138 career games, the second most in program history. Her 16.6 points per game is also the fourth most in USF history. She set the single season scoring record in 2016 with 763 points, breaking her own record she set the previous season. Williams is also number two in program history in scoring with 2,304 points.

She was a three-time First Team All-Conference selection from 2014-16 and a two-time All-American honorable mention. She was inducted into the USF Hall of Fame in 2020.

The Phoenix Mercury drafted Williams with the eighth selection in the 2016 WNBA Draft, and was traded to the Connecticut Sun midway through her first season. She has averaged 12.4 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game in 215 career appearances.

In 2021, Williams was traded to the Atlanta Dream. There, she recorded a career-high 16.5 points per game on 45% shooting en route to her first WNBA All-Star appearance. She signed with the Chicago Sky this year, where she currently averages 9.3 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.

Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu, Seattle Storm

Forward Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu was a dual-threat star at USF from 2021-23 after transferring from Memphis, averaging 12.2 points and 8.6 rebounds in 31 games.

During her time at South Florida, Fankam Mendjiadeu proved herself to be one of the top interior players in the country. She ranked fourth in the nation in total rebounds after the 2022-23 season, averaging 16.5 points and 12.3 rebounds per game. Her 24 double-doubles also ranked fifth in the nation.

Fankam Mendjiadeu was named as the AAC Co-Player of the Year during the 2022-2023 season alongside former USF guard Elena Tsineke, as well as being a unanimous First-Team All Conference selection.

Her outstanding USF career led her to be drafted by the Seattle Storm with the 21st pick in the second round. She made history by becoming the first Cameroonian-born player to be drafted into the WNBA.

In her professional preseason debut on May 8, Fankam Mendjiadeu racked up an efficient 10 points and nine rebounds in only 13 minutes played against the Phoenix Mercury.