USF announces first head coach of beach volleyball team

Pri Piantadosi-Lima became one of the most sought after collegiate volleyball coaches after a successful run playing for the Brazilian national team. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

Athletic Director Michael Kelly has named Pri Piantadosi-Lima the first ever head coach for the Bulls’ beach volleyball team

https://twitter.com/USFAthletics/status/1666082758136049664?s=20

The former beach volleyball star brings an impressive resume to USF, who announced in February that the program would be added along with lacrosse.

Piantadosi-Lima is the founder of Optimum Beach, a club beach volleyball program based out of St. Pete. The club won the 2022 USAV Beach Club of the Year honors. She also won the 2022 USAV Female Junior Coach of the Year for her efforts as the head coach of the USAV Beach National Team Development Program, a role she held since 2019.

Kelly said he has high expectations for the new coach to take the team to successful heights in their first season.

“We are thrilled that Pri will lead our beach volleyball program and oversee the launch of what we expect to be a very competitive and successful new sport at USF,” Kelly said.

She was a six-time South American champion and 2009 Continental Cup Olympic Qualifier champion while representing her home country of Brazil. Piantadosi-Lima also was an indoor volleyball star at Louisiana-Lafayette, ranking in the top three in school history in kills, digs and attempts.

Her first coaching role was at Eckerd, where she served as an assistant from 2012-18. She helped launch the beach volleyball program in 2015, guiding the team to two consecutive NCAA Championship pole finishes.

USF beach volleyball will debut during the 2024-25 season, and will play in a newly constructed facility on campus. Plans and the location for the facility have not been announced at the time of publication.