Women’s soccer announces 2023 schedule

USF will face off against three Power 5 opponents and all six conference newcomers during the 2023 season. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

South Florida women’s soccer released their schedule for the upcoming 2023 season on Tuesday. The Bulls are looking to get back on track following a 5-0 shutout loss to SMU in the opening round of last year’s conference tournament. 

https://twitter.com/USFWSOC/status/1663632525477163009?s=20

USF will play each of the six conference newcomers, along with seven non-conference matchups. 

The Bulls will face off against three Power 5 opponents – Florida State, LSU and UCF. Making their Big 12 debut, the Sept. 10 matchup at Central Florida will mark the first non-conference War on I-4. 

After exhibition games against Jacksonville on Aug. 5 and Stetson on Aug. 10, USF will head to Louisiana to face LSU to open the regular season –who was knocked out in the second round of last year’s College Cup – on Aug. 17 and Louisiana Lafayette on Aug. 20. 

For their home opener, the Bulls will play Florida A&M on Aug. 24. The two last faced off in 2011. 

A three-game in-state road trip will highlight the first half of the season, making stops at FGCU on Aug. 27, Florida State on Sept. 3, and UCF on Sept. 10. Florida State finished last season ranked No. 3 in the nation after losing to North Carolina in the College Cup Semifinals. 

Since their first matchup in 1998, USF has a 6-12-4 record against UCF. They battled last season on October 27, resulting in a 2-0 win for the Golden Knights. 

Following those matchups is a three-game homestand against conference newcomer Charlotte on Sept. 21, Gonzaga on Sept. 24 and East Carolina on Sept. 28. 

A revenge matchup against SMU will take place at Corbett Stadium on Oct. 15. The Mustangs defeated the Bulls 5-0 in the first round of the AAC Tournament last season. 

Closing the regular season will feature the first matchup between new conference rival Florida Atlantic at home on Oct. 26.