Live updates: USF women’s basketball transfer portal update

Sophomore forward Romi Levy is the first member of the Bulls’ transfer class. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

After making the NCAA tournament for the third straight season, USF women’s basketball has made new additions to maintain its position as one of the elite women’s basketball programs in the NCAA.

As of April 13, more than 1,450 players have entered the transfer portal, according to ESPN. This period of movement could be beneficial to South Florida (27-7,15-1 AAC) in the upcoming season.

Here is a look at who will wear the green and gold this fall.

Romi Levy

Sophomore forward Romi Levy transferred to USF after playing three seasons with Auburn on Thursday. Her departure could put a dent in the Tigers’ (15-16, 5-11 SEC) rebuild. In a bench role, she played a pivotal part in helping Auburn to its best record since the 2018-19 season.

In the 2022-23 season, she averaged 6.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game while shooting 45.4% from the field and 32% from the three.

Through 46 collegiate contests from 2020-2023, Levy averaged 6.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game. The 6 foot 3-inch forward is also a capable defender, racking up 1.1 steals per game.

During her rookie year, Levy was named to the 2020-21 SEC All freshman team and academic honor roll. She sat out in the 2021-22 season due to suffering a torn ACL during practice on October 31, 2021.

A native of Herzliya, Israel, Levy continues coach Jose Fernandez’s trend of scouting international talent.

Before her time at Auburn, she also competed in the 2018 U18 Women’s European Championships with the Israeli national team and helped her team win the bronze medal. She scored 14 points in a win over Lithuania and 13 points versus Albania.