Eisenberg one of four finalists in provost search

The nationwide search for a provost closed in on four final candidates, and Interim Provost Eric Eisenberg is one of them. FACEBOOK/@USFCASDean

The search for the university’s next provost and vice president for academic affairs is nearing an end as four finalists were selected, according to a Thursday universitywide email. 

After a national search facilitated by a search committee, the team interviewed eight candidates, which was reduced to four entering the final stage of the selection process, the email said. Going forward, the finalists will travel between the three campuses to participate in town halls, answering questions from the USF community. 

The finalist include Senior Vice Provost for Academic Planning and Policy at the University of Texas at Arlington Pranesh Aswath, USF Interim Provost Eric Eisenberg, Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement and Undergraduate Affairs at Drexel University Erin Horvat and Vice President of Research and Institutional Official at Tulane University Giovanni Piedimonte, according to the email. 

Candidates will be visiting each campus at separate times and on different days for the town halls on Oct. 12, 13, 17 and 18, according to the email. The events will also be livestreamed on the search’s website

All the town halls on the Tampa campus will take place in the Patel Center for Global Sustainability room 136 at 2:30 p.m. on their respective days, according to the email. Aswath will be there Oct. 12., Eisenberg on Oct. 13, Horvat on Oct. 17 and Piedimonte on Oct. 18. 

At the St. Pete campus, the town halls will be hosted at the University Student Center Ballroom, according to the email. Eisenberg will be there Oct. 12 at 1 p.m., Aswath on Oct. 13 at 9 a.m., Piedimonte on Oct. 17 at 9 a.m. and Horvat on Oct. 18. at 1 p.m.

For the Sarasota-Manatee Campus, all candidates will be at the Shelby Auditorium at 9 a.m. on their respective days except for Horvat, who will be hosted in room B229 at 1 p.m. Eisenberg will be there Oct. 12, Aswath on Oct. 13, Piedimonte on Oct. 17 and Horvat on Oct. 18.  

If any changes occur, updates will be published on the provost search website, according to the email.