Broken leg cuts Jennings’ season short

Fifth-year offensive lineman Donovan Jennings suffered a season-ending leg injury Saturday at Louisville. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

Health problems have piled up for USF football in recent weeks, and senior offensive lineman Donovan Jennings is now the latest player the Bulls have added to the injury report.

Coach Jeff Scott confirmed Friday that Jennings will miss the rest of the season with a broken leg. 

Jennings gave a statement on his Twitter account after the news broke.

https://twitter.com/donovan_blu/status/1575897240274894848?s=42&t=s6qzpTzrvKrlIEflCmQtFw

As one of the veterans on the team, Donovan Jennings has been a consistent presence on the offensive line over the last few seasons. In his 44 games at USF, he has started the last 23.

For on-the-field play, the offensive lineman’s strength in run blocking has been crucial to the team’s offense this year. He has contributed to a rushing attack that puts up 165 rushing yards a game, including a 286-rushing-yard effort against Florida on Sept. 17.

His injury news adds to the challenges the Bulls will face against East Carolina on Saturday. The Pirates rank top 50 in the nation in rushing defense.

USF’s next matchup is against ECU on Oct. 1 at 2:30 p.m. at FAU Stadium in Boca Raton. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+ and Bulls Unlimited.