Former USF star quarterback joining Bulls Club staff

BJ Daniels had a 21-12 record as a USF starting quarterback and makes his return to South Florida to contribute to the football team. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

USF football has made many additions to the staff in the past year, and the team will now welcome former USF and NFL quarterback BJ Daniels.

Just last year, Daniels joined USF Athletics as a quality control assistant for the football program, but his position is now changing.

Daniels was brought to the USF Athletics Bulls Club as an assistant director of development and community and donor engagement on Tuesday. His purpose will include recruiting USF alumni and student-athletes.

During his career as a Bull from 2009-12, the quarterback had 21 wins and 10,501 passing yards. Daniels also participated in notable South Florida contests against teams like No. 18 Florida State in 2009 and No. 16 Notre Dame in 2011.

He also acquired bowl game wins against Northern Illinois in 2009 and Clemson in 2010.

In the record books of South Florida, he is ranked third for career total offense, passing yards, passing touchdowns and rushing touchdowns. He is also ranked sixth for career rushing yards.

Daniels played an important part in the legacy of the team’s history and went on to the NFL after the 2013 draft.

He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers, but also played for the Houston Texans, New York Giants, Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks. While he was a Seahawk, he contributed to the Super Bowl XLVIII winning team.