USF Day to close out the week with interactive festivities

The daylong event will feature RiverFest, a six-hour engagement that will give students the opportunity to zipline and play kickball. INSTAGRAM/@wellnessusf

Closing off USF Week, USF Day — the university’s official day as declared by former Tampa mayor Pam Iorio in 2010 — will be commemorated April 9 through social media challenges and in-person events held on and off campus. 

Campus Activities Board (CAB) will host social media challenges on Instagram, such as Wii Bingo during USF Day. There will be story games, interactive story challenges and giveaways through both CAB and homecoming Instagram pages. 

Students will be able to participate in interactive stories where people can tag the Instagram pages for an opportunity to win promotional items, according to CAB Coordinator Alexis Fuentes Roman. 

Following last year’s fully virtual event, there will also be in-person events held this year to commemorate USF Day, including RiverFest and the spring football game. 

Recreation and Wellness will host RiverFest at Riverfront Park from 12-6 p.m. Some of the activities include free boating, ziplining, kickball and a slip and slide. 

Availability is unlimited and students can register in the BullsConnect App. The first 50 participants that arrive and sign-in will win a giveaway. 

The daylong festivities will continue with a home softball game against Wichita State. Pitching starts at 4:30 p.m.

USF Day’s last event will be the spring football game. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. with gates opening at 5 p.m at Raymond James Stadium. Parking lots will be opening at 4 p.m. and both attendance and parking will be free of charge.

During the day, there will be tailgating, stadium activations, food trucks and performances from the Herd of Thunder Marching Band and USF Cheer and Sun Dolls. Post-game entertainment includes a light show and fireworks. 

With the many events taking place during USF Day, Fuentes Roman said USF hopes to create school spirit among students.