Campaigning kicks off for SG presidential tickets

Two presidential tickets are running this election and will debate Thursday at 7 p.m. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE

Campaigning for the Student Government (SG) general election is underway and there are two tickets competing for the presidential and vice presidential seats. Deputy Chief Financial Officer Nithin Palyam and Relations Committee Chair Amy Pham are running against Finance Committee Chair Truong “Tony” Tran with Circuit Court Associate Judge Rughved Brahman to represent the student body.

Candidates began campaigning Monday and will have until March 3 to share their platforms with students. Voting will be from Feb. 28 to March 3, and election results will be announced virtually March 4, according to Supervisor of Elections Savannah Carr.

Read more about the tickets’ platforms and campaign below.

Nithin Palyam and Amy Pham

As part of their platform, Deputy Chief Financial Officer Nithin Palyam and Relations Committee Chair Amy Pham hope to accommodate all campuses and adapt to their specific needs and cultures.

If elected, the ticket plans to accomplish their diverse set of goals by narrowing them down into the acronym H.E.R.D. — or health, empowerment, resources and development.

Read more…

Tony Tran and Rughved Brahman

If elected as student body president and vice president, juniors Truong “Tony” Tran and Rughved Brahman intend to utilize their “UNITE” platform to directly address shared student needs and concerns across all campuses.

UNITE is composed of a series of five different initiatives to find collaborative solutions for bringing students together, both within academia and daily university life.

Read more…