BOG confirms Rhea Law as USF’s interim president

USF alumna and former Chair of the Board of Trustees Rhea Law said she’s honored to serve USF until a permanent president can be selected in the next few months. SPECIAL TO THE ORACLE/USF

Interim President Rhea Law was confirmed Wednesday morning by the Florida Board of Governors (BOG) to lead the university in the next few months until a permanent president is chosen.

The confirmation was followed by Law’s appointment by the USF Board of Trustees (BOT) on Aug. 2. During the board meeting, Syd Kitson, chair of the BOG, said he believes Law will bring a “wealth of experience” to the university during her time in office.

“As a former chair of the USF Board of Trustees, Rhea has an intimate knowledge of the university that will make her a strong and effective leader and advocate for the university,” Kitson said.

Law won’t apply for the permanent position of president. A 15-member search committee, which was approved Aug. 24 during a BOT meeting, selected SP&A Executive Search as the search firm to choose candidates for president. 

Additional updates about the search will be shared during a Presidential Search Committee meeting Sept. 15. The meeting will be held inside the University Student Center Ballroom at the St. Pete campus from 9-11 a.m.

Now officially confirmed, Law said she’s honored to serve USF as the search for its eighth president begins.

“I thank the Florida Board of Governors for confirming my appointment as USF’s interim president,” Law said. “I’m honored to serve my alma mater by enabling USF to continue its momentum and create a solid foundation for our next president to build upon.”