Michael Durr enters transfer portal

Junior center Michael Durr (above) averaged 8.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game last season with the Bulls. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

Junior center Michael Durr has entered the transfer portal, as reported by Stockrisers’ Jake Weingarten and Verbal Commits on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon.

Durr is now the eighth Bull to transfer out of USF this offseason. The growing list includes guards David Collins, Xavier Castañeda and Rashun Williams, as well as forwards Madut Akec, Justin Brown, Luke Anderson and Alexis Yetna.

Anderson is the only player to find a new home since entering the transfer portal, as he landed with the College of Southern Idaho on March 10.

Durr steadily improved every season with USF. His freshman year saw him average 5.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game, compared to his junior season in which he averaged 8.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per contest.

In total, the center ends his USF career averaging 6.7 points, 6.5 rebounds and a block per game over 87 appearances and 85 starts.

The multitude of transfers this offseason comes with the news that the university is investigating a member of the USF men’s basketball coaching staff for “troubling concerns that have been reported.”

As of Wednesday afternoon, no official word from the university has been released on the outcome of the ongoing investigation.

In an attempt to replace some of the talent that has left the program, the Bulls received transfer commitments from forwards DJ Patrick of Triton College and Sam Hines Jr. from Denver. Patrick announced his commitment in a tweet March 26, and Hines Jr. did the same the following day.

The transfer portal being active in both directions is not exclusive to USF. According to Verbal Commits, there are currently 1,087 players who have entered the portal.