Sails, Hampton among those participating in USF Pro Day

Former USF cornerback KJ Sails (above) recorded 64 tackles and three interceptions over 20 games played with the Bulls. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

In preparation for the upcoming NFL Draft and undrafted free agent process that follows, USF football will conduct its Pro Day on Thursday to give eight former Bulls the opportunity to showcase their talents.

The players participating from the 2020 team include quarterback Noah Johnson, running back Odunayo Seriki, wide receiver DeVontres Dukes and cornerbacks KJ Sails and Mike Hampton.

From the 2019 team, running back Jordan Cronkrite, offensive tackle Marcus Norman and defensive end Greg Reaves will also take part in the event.

Reaves, who finished his USF career with 210 total tackles and 30.5 tackles for loss, has experience with the NFL process already. Following the draft last year, he was signed by the Los Angeles Rams as an undrafted free agent before being waived months later.

The restrictive offseason due to COVID-19-related-protocols limiting Reaves’ ability to demonstrate his skill set in person to the Rams’ decision-makers may have hurt his quest to earn a spot on the roster.

Players will participate in a 40-yard dash, a three-cone drill, a short shuttle and various position drills. These drills will be open for the media to view.

Weight room and interior building access will be closed to the media.

The participants will likely hope their college tape coupled with their performance at Pro Day will be enough for them to be signed to a pro roster, or enough to garner some attention in the 2021 NFL Draft scheduled to begin April 29 and end May 1.

Even if not outright selected in the draft, each player still has the opportunity to make a pro team via being signed as an undrafted free agent.