Frederick Lloyd to enter transfer portal

Junior tight end Frederick Lloyd caught 33 passes for 608 yards and five touchdowns during his senior season at Tift County High School before coming to USF in 2017. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

Junior USF football player Frederick Lloyd announced on Twitter Monday afternoon that he will be entering the transfer portal.

“I would like to start by saying thank you to my brothers for the bonds we created over the last four years,” Lloyd said in his Twitter post. “Furthermore I would also like to thank the coaches that have impacted my growth with my time being at USF. For that I will always be proud to say I was once a Bull.

“With that being said, my time at USF has ran its course and I am now seeking new beginnings. I will be entering my name in the [transfer] portal and transferring from USF as a graduate student with two years of eligibility left.”

Lloyd is 6-foot-5-inches and has primarily played tight end in his time with the Bulls. He also was working at wide receiver this offseason.

In total, he appeared in 27 games at USF from 2018-2020 after redshirting his freshman year in 2017, mostly on special teams.

Coming out of Tift County High School, Lloyd was ranked as a three-star recruit in 247Sports’ composite rankings. In his senior season at Tift County, Lloyd hauled in 33 balls for 608 yards, which was good enough for him to be named to all-region first team, as well as being a selection for the all-state second team. He also excelled in basketball as well as track and field in high school.