Bulls reach highest ranking ever, check in at No. 14

On the same day the Bulls achieved their No. 14 ranking, junior guard Elisa Pinzan was named AAC player of the week. USF ATHLETICS PHOTO

For the first time in program history, the USF women’s basketball team is ranked as high as No. 14 in the AP Top 25 poll, which was released Monday afternoon.

The historic feat surpasses the previous best ranking of No. 15, which was reached five years ago to the day of this new accomplishment. At the time, the Bulls boasted a 12-4 overall record and were 5-1 in conference play.

This season, the Bulls are 10-1 overall and 7-0 in the AAC. Their one loss came at the hands of Baylor, which was ranked No. 4 when the teams played in early December.

As for what’s next for the team, its previously scheduled game Wednesday against Wichita State has been postponed due to COVID-19-related issues within the Shockers’ program.

This is the Bulls’ second straight game to be either canceled or postponed. Their matchup versus Memphis earlier this week was called off after the Tigers were unable to play due to health and safety concerns involving their roster.

The Bulls must now wait until Jan. 23 to take the floor again as they are set to travel to North Carolina to take on the East Carolina Pirates.