In Brief: Bulls trample Saint Francis

USF women’s basketball (4-1) found little trouble against Saint Francis (Pa.) on Sunday in its 62-23 victory over the Red Flash at the Yuengling Center.

Three Bulls scored 10 or more points —freshman Elena Tsineke (13), junior Shae Leverett (12) and senior Tamara Henshaw (10).

Leverett also registered 13 rebounds, recording her first double-double of the season.

Tsineke made her USF debut after being unavailable due to NCAA qualification issues. She was the Bulls’ best player at the free-throw line, going 4-of-5.

The Bulls outshot the Red Flash from the field, shooting 44 percent from the field compared with Saint Francis at 14 percent.

The largest lead for USF came with less than six minutes left in the game. A free throw by Tsineke cemented a 40-point lead, the Bulls’ largest against any team this season.

USF outrebounded Saint Francis 39-29. The Bulls have now outrebounded every team they’ve faced this season.

From the second half of the second quarter through the beginning of the third, the Bulls went on a 17-0 run, their largest run this season.

Next up for the Bulls is the Cancun Challenge later this week. USF begins its three-game trip with South Dakota State on Thursday, followed by Florida Gulf Coast on Friday. 

The Bulls round out the trip with a game against last year’s NCAA Tournament runner-up Notre Dame on Saturday.