USF will play against Temple as underdogs

The Bulls will try to snap their three-game losing streak on Saturday at noon. The game will be aired on ESPNews. ORACLE PHOTO/BRIAN HATTAB

USF football (7-3, 3-3) will travel to play its penultimate conference game in Philadelphia against Temple (6-4, 5-1) as an underdog.

The Bulls enter the weekend on a three-game losing streak, the Owls, on the other hand, have won four of their last five games. Last week, Temple beat Houston 59-49 — the same which spoiled USF’s perfect season a few weeks ago. Temple’s last loss came to the top team in the AAC, No. 12 UCF. Even then, the Owls were able to put together 40 points against one of the highest ranked teams in the country.

USF has the slight edge when it comes to offensive production, averaging about 473 yards per game compared to Temple’s 419. Temple, however, has been statistically better than USF on defense, allowing about 380 yards per game to the Bulls’ 440.

Sports gablers have also given Temple the edge in Saturday's game — the Owls are favored by 14 points.

Quarterback Blake Barnett’s status for Saturday’s game is still unknown, but he didn’t play a single snap against Cincinnati. The Bulls opted instead to start sophomore Chris Oladokun.

Fans can watch as the Bulls try to snap their losing streak on Saturday at noon on ESPNews.