Chris Griffin gives his second State of the Student Body Address

The student body is a mix of emotions from fear to excited to anticipation, according to Student Body President Chris Griffin in his second State of the Student Body Address on Tuesday night.

While Griffin addressed some achievements of the semester — including a turnout to sporting events and the university hosting the largest undergraduate research program in the state — he also addressed setbacks the university faced such as not being selected to join the Big 12.

“With the recent unveiling of the new housing complex, The Village, students are excited and curious to see what will come to USF residential life in the coming years,” Griffin said. “They are certainly excited to see the Publix that is coming to campus.”

Griffin ended by touching on responses to the election of Donald Trump as the next U.S. president by saying it is the cause of fear in some students.

“While as a white heterosexual male, I will never be able to understand the emotions that all of our students are feeling, I too empathize with our students and recognize their need for support,” Griffin said. “I want to reiterate that hate and intolerance and disrespect toward any individual is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at USF.”