Trump, Clinton focus on Bay Area with early voting commencing

Republican nominee Donald Trump hosted a record-breaking crowd at the USF Sun Dome during his rally in February. ORACLE PHOTO/Adam Mathieu

With Election Day just two weeks away and early voting just beginning, the two major party candidates are returning to Tampa once again to rally Bay Area voters in their favor.

Republican candidate Donald Trump came to the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheatre on Monday evening, drawing 15,000 supporters, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He talked about the election system being rigged, expressing to the crowd his disbelief in current polls showing him behind his opponent, Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Earlier in the day, Trump held an event in St. Augustine and plans to visit Sanford and Tallahassee today, according to the schedule on his campaign’s website.

Clinton is not far behind, coming to Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa on Wednesday from 2:45-3:45 p.m, according to her campaign. Doors open for Clinton at 12:15 p.m.

President Barack Obama will also hold an event in Orlando on Friday to campaign for Clinton.

The Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections website reported that there were 842,056 registered voters in the county, as of Monday. Data from the Florida Division of Elections from Sept. 30 showed 12,655,286 total registered voters in the state.